Scott Turow’s op-ed piece in today’s New York Times (“The Slow Death of the American Author”), following in the wake of Hugh Howey’s offering on Salon.com (“Self-publishing is the Future—and Great for Writers”) puts me in mind of a blog post of mine from last year. It drew a lot of comment back then, but it needs to be where people can come across it, so I’ve relocated it to the top of the A Few Words for Writers page, which is where it belongs. I called it “All Changed, Changed Utterly…“
- It’s winter. Dress warm and read something…
- One painting from Edward Hopper. 1000 words from Jonathan Santlofer. Plus a sketch. And a video…
- One Painting from Edward Hopper. 1000 words from Joe Lansdale.
- One painting from Edward Hopper. 1000 words from Jill Block. (Plus a video…)
- One Painting from Edward Hopper. 1000 words from Jeffery Deaver.