Well, I’ve just broken my own word, because I’m happy to say that Jeff Shaara is very much alive. But how to mention The Killer Angels, his father’s wonderful novel of Gettysburg, without citing the son who bookended that work with Gods and Generals and The Last Full Measure? Jeff was a coin dealer in Florida when someone suggested he augment his father’s work with a prequel and a sequel, and he took to it as if born to do just that. You’d swear he was channeling Michael. He’s gone on to write other books about other American wars, and they’re all good, but read these three books first.
- It’s winter. Dress warm and read something…
- One painting from Edward Hopper. 1000 words from Jonathan Santlofer. Plus a sketch. And a video…
- One Painting from Edward Hopper. 1000 words from Joe Lansdale.
- One painting from Edward Hopper. 1000 words from Jill Block. (Plus a video…)
- One Painting from Edward Hopper. 1000 words from Jeffery Deaver.