Ah, hello there. As many of you know, I once wrote a series of books on various aspects of human sexual behavior as John Warren Wells. Now, spurred on by the twin goads of Ego and Avarice, and ably assisted by brilliant eFormatter Jaye Manus, I’ve been republishing JWW’s body of work as Kindle Select eBooks. As of this moment, these seven titles are eVailable: EROS & CAPRICORN: a Crosscultural Survey of Sexual Techniques; 3 IS NOT A CROWD: Threesomes, Trios, and Trouples; THE MRS. ROBINSON SYNDROME: Older Women and Younger Men; THE SEX THERAPISTS: What They Can Do and How They Do It; WIDE OPEN: New Modes of Marriage; THE MALE HUSTLER: 7 Midnight Cowboys Tell Their Stories; and TRICKS OF THE TRADE: A Hooker’s Handbook of Sexual Technique. They’re all priced at $4.99 apiece, or may be borrowed at no charge by Amazon Prime members.
An eighth book is JWW’s piece de resistance. It’s DIFFERENT STROKES: How I (Gulp!) Wrote, Directed, and Starred in an X-rated Movie. It defies description, so I won’t even try. And it’s priced a little higher, at $6.99.
But you can get it for free. From this moment on, and for the next several days, Different Strokes will be yours at no cost whatsoever at these sites: amazon.com, amazon.de, amazon.es, amazon.fr, amazon.it, or amazon.co.uk. Just click on the link, then click on the web page, and Bob’s your uncle.
Oh, go ahead. Do it now, get those clicks in. The rest of this can wait…
Oh, good. You made it back. I’ve a few more items to call to your attention, and I’ll number them to give this report the illusion of structure:
1. The bad news first. We’ve had to cancel this month’s visit to the South China Literary Festival in Guangzhou—and our visit to Seattle as well. We’re fine, and everything’s good, but travel anywhere this month is not in the cards. (But we expect no problem for our visit to Japan in October.)
2. Matando a Castro, the Spanish-language edition of Killing Castro, is now on sale in both eBook ($4.99) and trade paperback ($9.99) editions. All major platforms have the eBook, and online booksellers like Amazon and Barnes & Noble have the paperback. Una palabra a los sabios…y el resto de ustedes también.
3. Matando is our fifth self-published POD paperback. The first was The Night and the Music, the complete collection of Matthew Scudder stories, and it was joined by A Stab in the Dark, A Walk Among the Tombstones, and A Long Line of Dead Men. We had to price those initially at $16.99 apiece, but by now we’ve recovered our set-up costs, and accordingly we’re dropping the price all the way to $9.99. You can find them at that price at Amazon and B&N, and we have signed copies on sale at LB’s eBay Bookstore.
4. Also on special in the eBay store: Hardcover first editions of Enough Rope, my omnibus short story collection, at only $19.99. (At 84 stories, well, you do the math.) And, because the publisher evidently sent me two boxes of them, we’re offering Advance Reading Copies of One Night Stands & Lost Weekends, my collection of early pulp stories, at the giveaway price of $4.99. The Specialists is still $4.99 (though it’s about due for a price increase) and we’ve added a batch of one-copy-only anthologies. Items come and go, with David adding new goodies even as you buy up the others, so it might be worth having a look at just what’s on offer. (Hint: if you sort by price, you can find the specials; if you sort by listing date, you can spot the new additions. And if you just browse, well, that’ll work, too.)
5. All Open Road’s Jill Emerson eBooks are part of a special promotion @ $2.99, on all eBook platforms. Check it out on Jill’s page.
6. Back to John Warren Wells, if I may. You won’t be surprised to know that I’m giving Different Strokes away in the hope that it may prompt you to sample some of JWW’s other offerings—but they’re not Lay’s Potato Chips, and you can certainly stop at one. One request, though; if you enjoy Different Strokes, take a moment to dash off an Amazon review. JWW can use a few stars.