Ross was a good friend, and I miss him. I wrote about him in a piece I did for Mystery Scene, and supplied an introduction for a reissue of http://tinyurl.com/5rbvw8n, so let me only that I find his work—under his own name and as Oliver Bleeck—wonderfully entertaining and endlessly re-readable. Everything he wrote is a favorite, but I’ll mention a few: The Fools in Town are on Our Side, The Cold War Swap, The Fourth Durango, Chinaman’s Chance, The Procane Chronicle. . .oh, this is silly. They’re all terrific. The man never wrote a bad book, or a lifeless page.
- It’s winter. Dress warm and read something…
- One painting from Edward Hopper. 1000 words from Jonathan Santlofer. Plus a sketch. And a video…
- One Painting from Edward Hopper. 1000 words from Joe Lansdale.
- One painting from Edward Hopper. 1000 words from Jill Block. (Plus a video…)
- One Painting from Edward Hopper. 1000 words from Jeffery Deaver.